orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

739 投稿
March 22, 2019
Totem opens a patreon. They promise that donations will be spent on improvements to the product. These might include:

1. Expanded Recruitment to North America, Western Europe, Asia
2. Improved performance training, spending more time in studio on scripting performances and teaching simple striptease and dance moves to new performers.
3. Improving the use of props in scenes...interactions between xxx and glass..chairs, tables, couches, desks
4. Improving costumes and outfits and cosplay
5. Improving quality of video, pics, and post-production
6. Having more diverse duos
7. They would take requests from patreons.

Totem would make proposals and give updates on their success...ie...bring in 5 girls that work in America every year...or 5 girls that work in Paris. Just an example.

Totem Patreon: Your Monthly Donation

40 投票

$0
73%
$1
13%
$2-5
8%
$6-10
5%
$11-20
0%
>$20
3%
wtprivate
Joined in Jul 2017

204 投稿
March 22, 2019
No thanks.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

739 投稿
March 22, 2019
No thanks.
why?
wtprivate
Joined in Jul 2017

204 投稿
March 22, 2019
So many Patreon providers don't deliver. They are always promising new things. Then they give up, because it wasn't enough.

I just want Totem to focus on the core business. Brining in new customers and keeping current customers happy. That is why I buy shows.

I've proposed a few times now there should be a "VIP Membership" option where you can opt in to buy EVERY show as it's released - or just prepay for a month.

By doing this, Totem would get more confidence from the current user base about their level of support, meaning they could pour more into shows and improvements with less risk.

I think if they simply offered the abililty to buy a month in advance (like Advent Calendar or the Feb 2019 promotion), get a free "Special Edition" card, and some ***** flair for your profile (like a "VIP" badge, for example), that would be enough.

We don't need the distraction. Already Totem has a bunch of unhappy customers on this forum because they are doing the wrong things in the eyes of the community. I can't imagine how loud the noise would get if Totem started using Patreon and only Patreon users got a say in what happens...
Cartref
モデレータ
Joined in Sep 2007

520 投稿
March 22, 2019 (edited)
So many Patreon providers don't deliver. They are always promising new things. Then they give up, because it wasn't enough.I just want Totem to focus on the core business. Brining in new customers and keeping current customers happy. That is why I buy shows.I've proposed a few times now there should be a "VIP Membership" option where you can opt in to buy EVERY show as it's released - or just prepay for a month.By doing this, Totem would get more confidence from the current user base about their level of support, meaning they could pour more into shows and improvements with less risk.I think if they simply offered the abililty to buy a month in advance (like Advent Calendar or the Feb 2019 promotion), get a free "Special Edition" card, and some ***** flair for your profile (like a "VIP" badge, for example), that would be enough.We don't need the distraction. Already Totem has a bunch of unhappy customers on this forum because they are doing the wrong things in the eyes of the community. I can't imagine how loud the noise would get if Totem started using Patreon and only Patreon users got a say in what happens...

@wtprivate,

being a long time member, you probably remember that Totem did previously have a subscription payment method, but they stopped that a number of years ago.

I am sure that they had a logical reason for it that suited their business plan, but I never really understood it, but they don't really have to explain their reasons.
Who knows maybe one day they will readopt the subscription method
wtprivate
Joined in Jul 2017

204 投稿
March 22, 2019
Yes. And I know why.

Whiners.

xfmmx
Joined in Jun 2010

26 投稿
April 18, 2019
You pay for a product and then hold them accountable. It's a contract.

Handing over money straight off gets you burnt.
cdub87
Joined in Apr 2008

395 投稿
April 18, 2019 (edited)
@wtprivate,

being a long time member, you probably remember that Totem did previously have a subscription payment method, but they stopped that a number of years ago.

I am sure that they had a logical reason for it that suited their business plan, but I never really understood it, but they don't really have to explain their reasons.
Who knows maybe one day they will readopt the subscription method

@Cartref

I have always been a ticket buyer even during those times and I think they priced theirselves way too cheap on the subscriptions. It was an amazing value but at that time and still to this day I don't like having cards to just have them. I can only imagine trying to get to triple diamond these days, back then the bar was a whole lot lower with the subscription in play.
Optimal
Joined in Jan 2018

63 投稿
April 24, 2019
If Totem wished to return to the subscription model, they really do not have to use Patreon to do so. In fact, why let the middleman get a cut of the proceeds, which will wind up making the customers pay more? It's illogical.

In my view, the subscription model is very "old school". Customers should have the freedom to choose to buy what they want to get, and not be locked into making monthly payments to a content creator that may not be producing stuff that they like this month.

From a business standpoint, it is not viable as Totem definitely earns more from individual card sales as compared to unlocking all the cards for the monthly subscriber to watch freely.

From a software programming standpoint, if a subscription can unlock all models for one to watch, then there is no stopping a certain individual from downloading all the models into his system, cracking the program, and cancelling the subscription ultimately, because he has no need for it anymore (unless he wants newer cards). This makes the subscription service not viable in this case too, as it is unlikely that the user would continue his subscription to the next month.
readyforanything
Joined in Apr 2011

2400 投稿
April 24, 2019
NO no
rabbitman123
Joined in Dec 2008

147 投稿
April 25, 2019
If your product is good enough (which iStripper is), the product will sell itself, then there shouldn't be any need for all that crowdfunding, patreon, gofundme etc.

If you got a few 100,000 euros to *****, just give Rex a call say you wish to invest in business.
Marcelml1979
Joined in Nov 2007

44 投稿
April 25, 2019
Maybee 5 / 10 Euro's a month. But only if there is some kind of extra perks attached to it. Like A bonus card every x Month, But why a patreon, A couple of years a go you could get an monthly subscription directly So no Patreon who is getting our hard earnt money ;)

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!