Special event cards cause customer alienation

掲示板 / iStripperに関する全て

tyqi19my
Joined in Dec 2007

26 投稿
March 16, 2019
I love iStripper and have been a loyal customer since December 2007. I have bought quite a few cards over the years and I have lost track of how much money I have spent. I love seeing the girls dance and strip on my computer and I will continue to support this wonderful and extraordinary product.

I appreciate that special event cards are a promotion strategy to increase card sales and consequently profit for Totem. And, profit is necessary for Totem to remain in business so that it can provide the fantasic cards and beautiful girls we love so much.

It is really disppointing to see the special event card preventing purchase for those of us who do not want to participate in special events that provide unwanted cards for purchase. I want to pick my cards for purchase. Getting cards with random selection does not make me happy.

Is the short term financial benefit for Totem worth the potential damage and ***** of customers eager to buy cards? How many card purchases are being lost because of this strategy?

In the film industry we have seen how damaging customer alientation can be. The Last Jedi insult to the fan base has really damaged profit for Disney and Lucasfilms. And, look at the customer anger over Captain Marvel and its star Brie Larson with her ***** and rants against fans.

I am sure Totem can find a suitable compromise for special events cards. Can they be made available after the special event promotion period is finished?

Show your customers how much appreciate their support. Brand loyality is gold for profits
dolphins109
Joined in Feb 2011

789 投稿
March 16, 2019
i agree .👍
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
March 16, 2019 (edited)
From what i can remember it has been said that the majority of totems income comes from the collectors, the special event cards were always going to sell as the collectors buy everything. Last weeks placing an event card behind a random paywall is dispicable behaviour towards their best customers. I'm glad i'm not a collector.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3759 投稿
March 16, 2019
Me as a member

I'm really surprised by all the negativity and ***** this has caused.

This is Totems First time doing such a promotion.

Using the Scratch Game, for the Release of a special Event Card.

The First use of the scratch game was to give members who Missed the Release promotions
a chance to get them. It was a Second chance, not the First.

In that Light, I think it was not the correct type of Promotion for a Special Event cards Release.
There should have been an event with guaranteed results.
That After you complete A + B or C + D or A+C etc.. then you will have earned the card.

So I believe that is the only flaw with this most recent Special Event.
It was 100% random, with No Defined Success Path or Paths to obtain the card.

I still support the use of the scratch game or similar Random win odds, to obtain cards that a member missed obtaining.
But I don't support it to be used as the Release event.

3 Prior Special event cards.

Two Advent Calendar cards There was a Single Direct Path to Success
One Black Friday Card. This had Multiple Paths to Success, to Earn enough Stars to collect the Card.
But it was attainable by all members who wanted it.

This Special Event card - No Direct Path to Success, based only on Randomness.
Did not Matter if you Wanted it, You had no way to be sure you could obtain it.
And that is the only flaw that I see that was made.

rabbitman123
Joined in Dec 2008

147 投稿
March 16, 2019
I understand the frustation not being able to get your favourite girl at the click of a button. But seriously? A handfull of special event is hardly enough to cause ***** or go nuts about.

TL;DR
Show your customers how much appreciate their support. Brand loyality is gold for profits
That is the reason why you get 45% discount as a triple diamond member. Obtaining such a lucrative discount is pure appreciation of the customer.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 投稿
March 16, 2019

LOL
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
March 16, 2019 (edited)
@Wyld "Me as a member" Don't you get your cards for "free" ? Yes i know they aren't exactly free (payment for your moderating ect) but you don't have to participate in any of the gambling/ special events to get the cards.

I dont have a problem with the scratch card or any of the other gambling "games", the addition of special event cards to those games is a problem (thankfully i dont rate ginabra so didn't want her card anyway).

It was my understanding that the special event cards offered during the advent calendar were never to be offered again, though it may been sneaky wording like "never for sale". To me that means those cards are no longer special and is annoying that i had to buy a months worth of cards to get it but someone else could get it for as little as 10 credits(one scratch card game and amazing luck). As such i don't see any point in participating in future advent calendar events when i can just wait till there are loads of event cards then do the scratch card event game or some such to get them all far cheaper than if i participated in all the events.

This event, like the change to the preview tab, feels like totem like bullet holes in their feet.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 投稿
March 16, 2019
I'm glad i'm not a collector.

It's amusing that collector means buy everything in this forum. I collect what I want and pass on what I do not. A collector cares what he wants in his collection. If you buy everything you are simply subscribing not collecting.

When Totem tries to ***** you to put things in you collection you don't want they taint the collection and lessen the experience.

Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
March 16, 2019
Maybe completionists is a better name for them...
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 投稿
March 16, 2019
As such i don't see any point in participating in future advent calendar events when i can just wait till there are loads of event cards then do the scratch card event game or some such to get them all far cheaper than if i participated in all the events.

Their is nothing really special about these cards other than they are not for sale without buying stuff you don't want. If you want it ASAP you buy the calendar or if you can wait you gamble until you win. It could be cheaper if you win or you might spend much more and not win at all but either way it will not be as soon as just buying the calendar. If you think you are lucky and have the patience then just wait until a game of chance with unknown odds calls your name.
dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

440 投稿
March 16, 2019
Maybe completionists is a better name for them...

That works anything but collector
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
March 16, 2019
. It could be cheaper if you win or you might spend much more and not win at all but either way it will not be as soon as just buying the calendar. If you think you are lucky and have the patience then just wait until a game of chance with unknown odds calls your name.

Yeh, don't participate in any events till there are like 100 event cards i don't have, odds should be very high that i would gain those cards for far less than if i had participated in all the events. Or just sack them off entirely.
jununger
Joined in Oct 2007

1250 投稿
March 16, 2019
This Special Event card - No Direct Path to Success, based only on Randomness.
Did not Matter if you Wanted it, You had no way to be sure you could obtain it.

@Wyld
You missed one major part: Maxed out members had no way of even participating in the game... thus no way to get the card even if they were willing to put an insane amount of credits in the game.

This is my main objection against this kind of promotions. They work against the most loyal members: If you are maxed out, or close to maxed out... there are not enough cards to put in the slot machine! Making it impossible for the most loyal members to benefit from these promotions.

This time it was an exclusive card. Before it has been about winning credits and other benefits... I don't like being denied the opportunity to participate... in a sense I'm being punished for being a loyal member.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3759 投稿
March 16, 2019
@Wyld
You missed one major part: Maxed out members had no way of even participating in the game...

Not true,
In the last Scratch off, and in this Scratch off.
ALL members regardless of collection status, were able to participate.

What was available to Win, now that is different.

a Maxed out Member or a member with no cards less than 45 days old left to purchase,
Only participated for the free credits, or the Special Event card.

All other Members had full participation.

In the Chinese New Year Slot machine

Maxed out Members were able to Participate for Credits.

Totem has changed how these events restricted participation.

Maxed out Members are NOT excluded.

shodan084
Joined in Dec 2007

1658 投稿
March 16, 2019
@wyld Did you play?
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
March 16, 2019 (edited)
I really don't have a problem with ‘Special Event’ cards, in themselves. Totem can release a ‘Special Event' every month if they so desire.

I don't have a problem with people having to buy an advent calendar to get a ‘Special Event' card.

I don't have a problem with members having to jump through multiple hoops to catch the prize of a 'Special Event' card.

I don't have a problem with user's having to spend thousands of credits on games of chance to get a 'Special Event' card.

But I do have a problem with these Unbuyable 'Special Event' cards being Visible in the Store.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
March 17, 2019
You missed one major part: Maxed out members had no way of even participating in the game...

That was not the case. I was maxed-out but decided to participate. After about 10 attempts not only did I get the special event card I was I also had a few more credits than I started with.
joboyogi
Joined in Jan 2008

8 投稿
March 17, 2019
2605 cards in the collection, longtime customer - don't like not being able to get a card. Best way to get more of my money is to keep making content worth having, not gimmicks.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3759 投稿
March 17, 2019 (edited)
@wyld Did you play?

Yes, I scratched a few Cards and Broke Even.

I played the Scratch off the 1st time around, and I played it this time too.
I also bough the Advent Calendar on the 24th, so I got the Advent Calendar card.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3759 投稿
March 17, 2019 (edited)
@Wyld "Me as a member" Don't you get your cards for "free" ? Yes i know they aren't exactly free (payment for your moderating ect) but you don't have to participate in any of the gambling/ special events to get the cards.

I've participated and earned the special event cards like other members.

I had all of the December cards, with just the 24th remaining, So the Advent Calendar cost me the price of 1 card on the 24th.
And that gave me the card for the 25th.

I also earned 10 stars for the Black Friday Card.
I purchased my 3rd Collectors Card Set, and topped off with the reload Bonus, But i only bought the 25 credit packs.
as that was all you Needed to buy to get the stars.
I needed 4 more stars, so I waited till the end and bought the collectors Cards which gave me the last 4 stars I needed.

It was worth having a bit of Fun to get them.

But, I suppose if I had Asked the team, they would have added them to my collection.

jununger
Joined in Oct 2007

1250 投稿
March 17, 2019 (edited)
@Wyld
I had no idea this was the case!

This makes me even more frustrated since this hasn't been communicated well enough. I have though that you only could participate to win cards... this has been the case for a long time... and is true about the current Lycky box.
Z22
Joined in Aug 2017

1166 投稿
March 17, 2019
@Wyld,, cool, thanks for clarifying.
UserX90
Joined in Dec 2014

9 投稿
March 18, 2019
I really dislike the special events also. I just want to buy them. Ive spent hundreds on this. Special events dont make me buy stuff. Content I like does.
Doggylover
Joined in Jan 2019

11 投稿
March 18, 2019
Well said ! Out of the 4 Special Cards in want 3 of them but i´m not going to follow gambling games to get these...
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

214 投稿
March 18, 2019
@tyqi19my
You should have included a poll in this thread.

@Wyldanimal
Re the following comment in one of your aforementioned posts

So I believe that is the only flaw with this most recent Special Event.
It was 100% random, with No Defined Success Path or Paths to obtain the card.

I entirely agree with you.
This randomness has lost Totem a lot of goodwill.
I, for one, will not be buying anymore credits until ALL the special events cards are in my collection.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
March 18, 2019
I, for one, will not be buying anymore credits until ALL the special events cards are in my collection.

And I am feeling a little ***** with this. Does this poster mean that he has thousands of credits banked to spend on gambling games In the hopes of gaining special events cards, or does he expect Totem to just deposit the special events cards that he does not have into his account. 😕
boone209
Joined in May 2009

40 投稿
March 18, 2019
My two cents on the special event cards and the means of procuring them:

Re: the scratch game:

I did not participate, but I would have considered doing so, had the odds of achieving key results been disclosed. If I buy a scratch ticket in my local convenience store, I have the odds disclosed prior to purchase. Hell, the scratch games may (emphasis on may, as I'm not an attorney) even be illegal in some jurisdictions because of it.

Re: Black Friday:

I would have changed my approach to the promotions, had I known what they were and what the specific reward would be at the onset.
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

214 投稿
March 18, 2019
@chicsans

No I do not expect Totem to give them to me.

As @Wyldanimal said
There was no defined path success.

I expect Totem to make all special events cards available at some time in the future with a defined path success so that I can collect them all.
shodan084
Joined in Dec 2007

1658 投稿
March 19, 2019
No variable X in price. One single goal with one single price for everybody? Sounds fair. :)
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
March 19, 2019
That's not how I read it, but reading and comprehending words written in the English language has never been my strongest skill.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!