Installing on new PC after old one crashed...

掲示板 / iStripperに関する全て

Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 投稿
March 14, 2019 (edited)
I'm sure someone has asked about this before, sorry about that...
But as I couldn't find same situation through search, could someone please guide into right direction?

Last monday the hard drive of my previous PC crashed and I lost everything in it. My collection of shows was however transferred to external hard drive, so I have all my animations intact there.

I did setup my new PC today and of course installed iStripper again. Right after the installation I plugged in my external hard drive, logged in and changed the folder (see pic above). I didn't register again.

I can see my credits, and I can see all my cards, but they are greyed out. The only available function when I move mouse cursor over a card image is to download card. I did download one of them just for testing.

Surely I don't have to download all the 3,900 cards all over again now? Is the "Rebuild Collection" from GUI settings the right way to go? I haven't dared to click that button yet...

Thanks in advance for any help!
peterbanker
Joined in Jan 2009

212 投稿
March 14, 2019
@Dfner

Do nothing at the moment.
I have had this problem in the past and there is a solution.
However because of my limited computer skills I am not going to attempt to explain it to you.
Hopefully one of the more tech savvy members will see your post and be able to explain what you need to do
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 投稿
March 14, 2019
@peterbanker Thank you, I'll sit on my hands for a while :)
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 投稿
March 14, 2019
If the card files are all on your external drive and the GUI can see them, Rebuild collection is the right thing to do.

With your collection size it may take a while depending on your internet speed but as long as the files are there all the GUI will do is verify them against Totems server and you won't actually have to download much.

If any cards need updates according to the server, those will re-download to accomplish the updates.

Also, if you want all your cards to d/l to the external drive, you should remove the "C" drive directory from the GUI. Do this before you rebuild collection.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 投稿
March 14, 2019
@Dfner, you could try to use that button to rebuild your collection

or
  • shut down iStripper,
  • go to "data" folder,
  • locate the "models.lst" file,
  • change the filename to something like "models.bak" (or however you like),
  • start iStripper again.

iStripper will update the info about cards and clips in your collection by updating the models.lst file. In case of error you will be able to restore the old models.lst file using the models.bak file.
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 投稿
March 14, 2019 (edited)
Edit: ^this is how it looks now in my data folder right now.

@pumpdude48

Thanks for the info, and for the tip about removing default folder from the list. Now it is of course the location with way more space than my external hard drive, so the downloads would have ended in there I believe.

@lukaszr

Thanks, I just started the rebuild right after pumpdude48's post, and it started nicely - the cards became active (= coloured) almost instantly, but now there are 2231 cards out of 3919 that have the "Update"-sticker attached to them - ouch... I can't see the progress really in GUI. I had maybe one update sticker on my cards before the crash, so I should be well updated (and definitely not behind with 2,200+ cards)

I opened the data folder and sorted everything by date and time. 3899 card folders were updated between 20:40 and 20:43 and then six other folders at 20:59 (about 10 minutes ago). Nothing after that. Based on that gap there, there seems to be something going on in the background still... Let's see what happens. I might try that models.lst-filename trick later on, too, if the progress with rebuild has stopped.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 投稿
March 14, 2019
@Dfner

I have had that happen in the past and very few of them had to actually re-download the whole card.

Most of the "updates" are likely only something the GUI needs to do to make them the same as on the servers like a tag update or some such.

Most did their "thing" quickly and moved to the next one.

Try grabbing a dozen or 20 "update" cards in a group and update those together to see what happens. I bet most go pretty fast if you have a good connection.

To do that, go to "My Collection" then under "Downloads" uncheck "downloaded" and then Shift+left click on the first card and then shift+left click on a card 20 away from that one and then click the update button to see what happens.
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 投稿
March 14, 2019 (edited)
Thanks once again! I feel really stupid now, I might as well just tested that... :) I avoided that, because to me that "Update"-tag on card has always thus far only meant downloading whole card again... I chose some of the newest F-series cards, all being about 1Gb downloads if done completely and they all downloaded in just a few seconds with 100Mb connection, so, as you say, it certainly is not downloading everything all over again.

And that Shift+left click tip is very handy, thanks - I hadn't needed that ever before, so wasn't aware of any multi selection option being available.

Now I'll just let the program run the updates and I'm all set again :)

EDIT: Actually I just selected all the remaining 2187 "to be updated" cards (still left) with CTRL + A and started the process. Let's see how long that will take...
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 投稿
March 14, 2019
Yes, I have learned the hard way about how this sort of thing works. And some members here have had to teach me about how to fix my screw-ups.

I'm kinda mean to my computer and sometimes I click the OK button under the "are you sure...." warning without reading the whole thing which at times isn't the smartest thing to do... 😖 Doh!! 😲

Most times, hard earned experience is the only experience that stays fresh in my pea brain... 😒

Hope it all work out for you!!

PD48
Dfner
Joined in Feb 2018

604 投稿
March 15, 2019
Just noticed that updating my collection didn't bring back approx. 1,700 xml-files into the card subfolders in the data folder (mostly now missing from a-series cards). In the card folders there are mostly just the card-image, no xml, no _full.png or any other PNG-files that you normally find there (_nude.png / _unlock.png at least).

I noticed that I can get the PNG-files to download by just visiting the card details page in GUI, but even that would mean clicking through cards in my collection one by one. And even that doesn't help with missing XML-files, though.

I will send a message to support to find out, if there is any easy way for me to retrieve those missing files.

I'm kinda mean to my computer and sometimes I click the OK button under the "are you sure...." warning without reading the whole thing which at times isn't the smartest thing to do... 😖 Doh!! 😲

I've been known to do that all too often, too :)

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!