36 投稿
February 7, 2019
A lot of crashe, freezing
Zossima
Joined in Feb 2008

173 投稿
February 7, 2019
No reason for me not to upgrade.

In fact I would upgrade immediately, but Lexi Layo's on my screen right now and I really don't want to bother her, she looks to be having such fun...
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 7, 2019
If this mean software automatic updates will become mandatory in a near future, I'll make sure starting this day never to be connected while using the software because I'm more than happy with my current (old) version. And definitely don't want some feature changes of last year (like preview management, to name just this one). 😠😠😠😠😠
  • Knowing the promo functions (like spin machines) or advanced functions (some very unnecessary rendering effects in fullscreen) no running with my old version are well-known and, truely, of no problem with me. -

Hoping cards can be purchased through website only. Otherwise...
spoophmaniac
Joined in Dec 2007

128 投稿
February 7, 2019 (edited)
I always update but the software does give errors after updating with the settings tab so I always end up downloading new versions directly from the site and installing manually. The auto update better be completely foolproof or a lot of customers will not be happy. I think a few days before an auto update is to occur a special tab like the Slot Machine will be available with all the fixes and features that will be implemented in the upcoming version. Speaking of Slot Machine, fix that darn sound feature. Why can't we turn if off permanently.

Best to the team.
Pantylicious
Joined in Oct 2009

30 投稿
February 8, 2019
Having all of the cards from very specific girls removed, without warning, after installing previous updates, just makes me hesitant, cautious, & a little bit ***** to install an upgrade for a program that is working just fine. The only bugs that I consistently experience are during the TGIF promos, & those seem like quality control glitches rather than software issues.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 8, 2019
@Pantylicious.

Exactly ! I exactly share your point of view. With the addition that the "features" added since v.1.2.132 (which is the version I have if I'm correct for I can't start it anymore since yesterday) truely are of no interest at all.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 8, 2019
(I'd like to see someplace a clear and precise answer to my interrogation of yesterday for if this happens, it'll mean stopping being a customer to me for if you seemingly can "buy" cards from the website HMI, anyway at a moment or another when downloading it to the desktop it'll need being connected, as adding to right to read the card is, and paf! smile : you've just been victim of an undesired update in the same time.)
Klaken
Joined in May 2009

15 投稿
February 8, 2019
I have already lost data in automatic updates that introduced bugs in some applications. So now I always apply the principle of letting others test the update in production for a few days before I update myself.

Beta is not enough because some bugs are specific to the production environment. So features that are working like a charm in beta can crash spectacularly in production.

I would appreciate it if you implement a two phase mechanism: the update is first released on a voluntary basis like now. And only after a certain period without bugs declared you switch it to mandatory.
Sexy3DBoy
Joined in Jun 2011

469 投稿
February 8, 2019
Très bonne réaction de @jguy85, car je sais que certains de vos membres ne comprennent pas l'anglais et ne peuvent donc pas être logés à la même enseigne pour tous les sujets intéressants que vous emmettez , il y en a juste assez de l'anglais, passez au français!!!!

Quant au sujet des fameuses mises à jour, je ne suis pas convaincu de tout ce que vous avancez en terme "d'avantages".

Un petit exemple: La version antérieure permettait de télécharger la fameuse démo de la carte d'Alyssia Kent "Splurging" qui n'était pas vendable sauf pour un groupe de favorisés. Et bien grâce à ce bug technique pour reprendre vos termes, j'ai pû découvrir une Alyssia dans une comédie qui m'a complètement retourné et j'en ai même crée un post!!!!
J'ai trouvé que cette démo faisait beaucoup d'ombre à bon nombre de vos cartes vendues qui sont essentiellement caractèrisées par leur platitude.

Maintenant, si vous envisagez de faire des mises à jour automatiques, je suis le premier à en refuser le principe car je pense que nous "utilisateurs" devont rester maitres de cela.
Donc pour celles et ceux qui souhaitent ce nouveau mode de mise à jour, pourquoi pas! En revanche pour les autres, ils doivent pouvoir "décocher" cette fonction. En ce qui me concerne, je n'ai jamais de crashes avec votre application donc je ne ferai plus de mises à jour...
Kemosabe
Joined in Feb 2013

2 投稿
February 9, 2019
I go through Featured each week and hit the "wishlist" heart on any of the previews that I think I might want to buy someday. It gives me a quick and easy reference to see if there are any sales going on for any of the cards I have marked to buy. I just go into "Girls' Store" and select "wishlist", then see if any of the ones I want are on sale. The new versoni has a delightful feature now: it shows a red ribon at the top if the card is "XXX", a very easy way to see if it's a next level card.
Hi Kaiju —

I've looked into upgrading a few times, but tend to stick with an older version because (a) it lets me manage previews more directly, which is helpful to use as a shopping list and to remind yourself what all the cards you're thinking of buying are like and (b) it works well enough for me to stick with it despite bugs, slowdowns the longer it runs, etc. If the newer versions didn't try to auto-manage previews for you so much (at least for members who are actually purchasing things and not just building a huge library of free previews), I'd be much more likely to keep up with the latest version.
Scabbard
Hi Kaiju —

I've looked into upgrading a few times, but tend to stick with an older version because (a) it lets me manage previews more directly, which is helpful to use as a shopping list and to remind yourself what all the cards you're thinking of buying are like and (b) it works well enough for me to stick with it despite bugs, slowdowns the longer it runs, etc. If the newer versions didn't try to auto-manage previews for you so much (at least for members who are actually purchasing things and not just building a huge library of free previews), I'd be much more likely to keep up with the latest version.
Scabbard
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 投稿
February 9, 2019
Maintenant, si vous envisagez de faire des mises à jour automatiques, je suis le premier à en refuser le principe car je pense que nous "utilisateurs" devont rester maitres de cela.
Donc pour celles et ceux qui souhaitent ce nouveau mode de mise à jour, pourquoi pas! En revanche pour les autres, ils doivent pouvoir "décocher" cette fonction.

I totally agree with @Sexy3DBoy.
Birger52
Joined in Apr 2008

120 投稿
February 9, 2019 (edited)
Well - figured I'd better upgrade.
So here's at least one for NOT upgrading when the one you had was actually functioning...

Clicking with mouse in Preview is not fixed yet either.
After automatic push of new show, the new show can not be clicked.
Or maybe it is when there is a rebate on the new card.
You always have to click some other girl first.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 9, 2019
En français, je suis tout-à-fait d'accord avec Pantilicious et Sexy3DBoy là-dessus.
Si les mises à jours (re)deviennent forcées (elles l'étaient plus ou moins jusqu'à il y a 3 ans, avec la très regrettable date limite d'utilisation du logiciel, à chaque nouvelle version), je pense rapidement solder mon solde et veiller à ne jamais être connecté en utilisant le logiciel.

La v.1.2.132 est très bien, stable, et surtout permet de gérer le téléchargement (ou non) des cartes 'preview' comme je l'entends.
Elle propose déjà la timeline des cartes à jouer à venir qui est la seule nouvelle fonctionnalité au sens vrai du terme qui ait valu le coup ces 3 dernières *****ées (marche en fullscreen comme sur en mode classique sur la taskbar). Son seul tort (plus pour les commerciaux de Totem qu'autrechose, de mon point de vue) est que certains des derniers types de promos ne fonctionnent pas. ... Ce qui est tout-à-fait ok en ce qui me concerne car je ne donne pas dans les promos qui se basent sur le principe d'acheter des cartes en aveugle, ou des cartes dont je ne veux pas, pour pouvoir aquérir celles qui m'intéressent... ou dans les jeux de hasard. Et que les types de promos auxquels le logiciel ne permet pas de participer sont clairement identifiables.

Si on régresse et qu'on en revient à un mode ou les mises-à-jour logicielles sont forcées, surtout avec un rythme comme l'actuel où les versions se succèdent sans nouveauté intéressante, mais souvent des retour en arrière sur les essentiels, sans aucun choix possible avant update, ce sera très vite sans moi côté participation et achats.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
February 9, 2019 (edited)
In English. 1.2.132 is a good version. I still use it too. It does what is required.

As for automatic updates of the software, that should be available to users that want such a thing, as an opt-in on the settings page. The default setting should be to not receive updates, that way our old software is safe.

And the software expiring to ***** updates was an anti-piracy thing to deter piracy. According to @TotemRex24, it was a measure that did not work as intended.

I don't think that they will return to software that expires.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 9, 2019
I don't think that they will return to software that expires.

Na, I have the impression judging from the tone of this post that they wlll do worse and ***** at the server level (that's to say with no roundabouts and no warning) an higher diet of updates...
91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 投稿
February 9, 2019
Well, it might do what YOU require Chicsans.

Periodically, changes/improvements/updates are made that the older versions just can't support. At that point, the incompatible versions are useless and won't even play the newer cards animations. It's been a while since that last occured but I seriously doubt they will be able to keep ALL previous versions compatible forever.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3753 投稿
February 10, 2019
@Birger52 and @ALL
the Features, are not Designed around the Use of a Custom Skin with a Wide Left Side Pane.
Nor are they designed around Having the Now Playing or Playlist TAB's opened.

All of the Features will Fit inside the Standard GUI width of

958W x 740H
That is the Smallest size that you can Make the GUI.
( it has a 5 pixel width transparent border around all 4 sides )
this leaves a Central Pane for the Feature of
888W x 512H

When you use a custom Skin with a left side image,
or Have the Playlist tabs open, it reduces the Space available for the
Feature and you may not be able to see it in it's entirety.

Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
February 10, 2019
Well, it might do what YOU require Chicsans.

Periodically, changes/improvements/updates are made that the older versions just can't support. At that point, the incompatible versions are useless and won't even play the newer cards animations. It's been a while since that last occured but I seriously doubt they will be able to keep ALL previous versions compatible forever.

It does do what I require. It does that very well too, in my opinion. Not that my opinion has any value.

If they change the card clips on the newest card releases to require the desktop video player associated with the latest software updates, that will be when I update. It's a moot point, since I will out of credits by that time, unless that change occurs on Monday. And even then it will only affect cards offered after that change, as has been demonstrated in the past, so I will still be able to buy, download and play older cards until my stock of credits is gone.

The non expiring software that I use now will continue to play the cards in my collection until the computer that I use it ultimately dies.

This is also my own opinion, which still has no value.
Wyldanimal
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2008

3753 投稿
February 10, 2019 (edited)
One important thing we all seem to be missing is

We generally only request a member to update, if a member is asking about support related issues.
It's not fare to the support team, to have 15 or more different versions to try and deal with..

So if a member is asking for Support, the 1st thing we like to do,
is make sure they are using the current version, so that the Support given,
is relative to the version they are using.

If a member is using an older version and not asking for support.
then we can well enough let that member continue to use that version.

There may come a day, when for legal reasons, all members might be asked or ***** to update.
An example might be a new Government Mandate or Law, that requires an update to the software
that all members must adhere to.
DANO70
Joined in Feb 2008

741 投稿
February 10, 2019 (edited)
I wouldn't want a mandetory update but a ''option '' to auto update I'm fine with. I'll allways want the option to go back a few versions....Sorry but I just don't have faith in the developers. And please don't bring back the nag popup whatever you do...PLEASE.

I would like to see more updates that have long known issues addressed more often. Seems all we get are just back end work for promotions and once a year we may get some actual fixes or needed features.
Sexy3DBoy
Joined in Jun 2011

469 投稿
February 10, 2019
1/ Pour un support client plus rapide et efficace
Avec plus de 15 versions avec des fonctionnalités et des interfaces différentes, notre service client ne peut pas être aussi rapide qu'il le serait avec 1 seule et unique version.

Vous pourriez imposer à celles et ceux qui contactent le support pour un dysfonctionnement, d'être au préalable à jour.

Et pour terminer, je vous rappelle que l'on ne peut TOUJOURS PAS effacer nos propres commentaires sur les cartes des miss!
C'est la première fois que je vois sur un GUI un bouton qui ne fonctionne pas, et ce, malgré les relances!!!

randyur
Joined in Mar 2008

5 投稿
February 10, 2019
[quote]well I always saves the old version install, too many times the new better version isent better and still like 5 years later we still dont have transparant models....a very much missed feature that was in previous versions[/quote

I agree with the transparent models idea!! We need them back ASAP (as soon as possible)
diamondx3
Joined in Jun 2013

2 投稿
February 11, 2019
Every since I upgraded I can't download any new models or call any models to the stage. How do I fix this? I'm willing to roll this version back if that helps.
otis670
Joined in Jan 2010

2 投稿
February 12, 2019
were the ladys with the big butts
otis670
Joined in Jan 2010

2 投稿
February 12, 2019
were the ebony ladys with the big ol butts
Prime579
Joined in Jul 2017

35 投稿
February 12, 2019
I ***** the new preview system with an intense passion, so I will be staying on this older version until you revert back or ***** me to leave it.
soweto
Joined in Apr 2015

2 投稿
February 13, 2019
Hello Guys

The latest version of iStripper is 1.2.218 but many of you have an earlier version.

Why not a 20% discount in years 2014 to 2017 ???
Rex
運営
Joined in Sep 2007

365 投稿
February 20, 2019
We're seriously considering making stable versions updates mandatory as managing over a dozen of different running versions is taking our team a completly disproportionate amount of time.

Of course older versions where the updates were not mandatory would continue to run as they are. This would be only for future versions.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
February 20, 2019
@Rex

Of course older versions where the updates were not mandatory would continue to run as they are. This would be only for future versions.

Meaning: the mandatory version updates would be initiated by the locally installed software versions, not by the server on a basis of some update actions triggered by users (collection rebuilt, new card purchase or forum refreshing) as I kinda ***** of ?
... Meaning consequently that I can stay with my fine 1.2.132 version, since I do not much care about bugs/incompatibilities possibily coming along with special offers and promos ?

Fine with me personally.

Even if I'm guessing it'd be error globally. I mean, what is the point ***** people to change versions regularly when all you have to do is send an automatic response telling people to first update to latest version before resubmitting the case when receiving a bug correction call (possibly making this reply automatic when message was sent through an obsolete -from your point of view- iS version number... which you know of along when receiving a call, right ? -) ???? Naturally "constellation" of version used by your customers (well, the ones reporting bugs) would gradually efficiently narrow!...

Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
February 20, 2019
@follower

I see that we both like our 1.2.132 versions too much to ever want to update. 👍

@Rex made a good comment about our older version running the same as always, but I am worried that they will change something in the cards themselves that will require the latest stable auto-updating versions of the software. Sure, the cards that we have will still work on our ancient version, but at some point the new cards won't work for us.

They have done this type of card change before, basically ***** us to update our softwares if we wish to use the newest cards.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!