Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
January 22, 2019
I'm guessing we is ***** now.
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 投稿
January 22, 2019 (edited)
Lol well guys I really do hope this buggy bug bug situation gets sorted out...I want my 100 credits and special event cards and not spending another credit until I get them!

and...I'm off to beddy bed bed! Night folks! 😶-(zZzZz)
Mik73
Joined in Jan 2017

4 投稿
January 22, 2019
30 credits lost for nothing! Enough for me! I'll never try again!!!
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1024 投稿
January 22, 2019 (edited)
I studied probability theory in graduate school about 50 years ago, but I still use it for risk management assessments and stochastic simulation work. Not often, but enough to keep my understanding current.

Odds are a way that gamblers describe a bet. They are generally based on probabilities but include a margin for the house. For example in US roulette the odds on a single number bet are 35 to 1. $1 bet wins $35. However, there are 38 numbers so the probability of winning is 1/38 and the expected value of that $1 bet is 36/38 or a bit less than $.95. (Its 36 not 35 because you get to keep your original bet.)

In the Scratch Card Totem said:
What you can win
10 credits
50 credits
100 credits
A free card
One of the special event cards

They said nothing about the probability of each winning outcome. I don't think anyone expected that the probability of winning 100 credits would be the same as the probability of winning 10 credits. Since the special event card is probably the most valuable win, I would expect the probability of that is lower than the others.

In most gambling situations it is possible to calculate in advance the probability of winning a fair game based on the structure of the game. In the US, baseball fans calculate and memorize the probability of every player getting on base based on their past performance. In most (all?) US states lottery games must publish the odds of winning to save the players the work of doing the calculation themselves.

There is nothing that requires Totem to publish the odds of their games, but it would be a good idea if they did that in the future.
ALS
Joined in Feb 2017

24 投稿
January 23, 2019
When I buy medium-quality cards, I'll pay 8,80 and I can choose what to buy. There is no benefit in this "game" - the price is 10 for cards that you have no interest at all. In any case, this is a good way to get your collection to be destroyed. So Thanks.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

638 投稿
January 23, 2019 (edited)
let's face it people, if you were to buy 500 credits for fifty dollars then your 10 credit scratch card gamble is only costing one dollar. If you win an 8.8 cr card you have donated 12 cents

I I don't think anyone expected that the probability of winning 100 credits would be the same as the probability of winning 10 credits
@Dorsai6 i disagree, i think most gamblers believe/expect they will win the maximum prize every time they play... and ***** when they dont 😕
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
January 23, 2019
It's the high cost of gambling.

As Fred Flintstone once said......Bet betbetbet bet!!!
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
January 23, 2019
@gkar45

Marge had a gambling problem???? No way, we don't have gambling problems. Oh, wait...yes we do now that I think of it. We gamble with our lives when/if we get hitched to some dude.
Chicsans
Joined in Jul 2009

770 投稿
January 23, 2019
This is the 21st century, sug. It's a vacuum cleaner now....haehehe.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 投稿
January 23, 2019
I've deliberately stayed out of this uproar as I had no credits to take part until 2 days ago. So nothing to go on.

I vowed not to take part in this scratch card promo but what the hell. I calculated how many cards I could buy with my remaining credits @15 per 3K card and found I had 12 credits over. So I had a go. I got one card off my wishlist in 3K, one I might have bought when I was bored and one I probably would never have bought. Any time I saw a special event card as the prize, I only had 2 'S' logos. When the extra credits I won ran out, I stopped.

All in all, I did pretty well out of spending just 10 credits on a gamble 😉
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 投稿
January 24, 2019
Still no response??? Wow 👎
aloha
Joined in Jun 2010

93 投稿
January 24, 2019
I'm too disappointed in Totem. No answer in this thread. What are the probabilities of winning? I lost 500 credits thinking that this would be a good promotion: "Thanks God It's Scratch Day"? Fraud

If there is no answer, I will not buy more credits, it's very sad.

Mr702
Joined in Dec 2016

16 投稿
January 24, 2019
idgaf, i'm just glad I have a chance at those special cards.
mage767
Joined in Oct 2011

24 投稿
January 25, 2019 (edited)
I'm too disappointed in Totem. No answer in this thread. What are the probabilities of winning? I lost 500 credits thinking that this would be a good promotion: "Thanks God It's Scratch Day"? Fraud

If there is no answer, I will not buy more credits, it's very sad.

I sent a customer ticket about a week ago and it took them 5 days to respond. They said the Special Cards will be available in future offers. Their non-caring response also implied they won't do anything about all the credits users like me and you lost in this completely rigged promo. The company has gone downhill and so has their customer service. Guess, my money will be better spent elsewhere.
NekanesBitch
Joined in May 2016

23 投稿
January 25, 2019
How many more addictive ways can Totem come up with to siphon credits from their customers? Apparently, lots. Just like the slot machines, this promo proves that I am a sucker for hot ladies dancing on my desktop and gambling. You got me, Totem, you got me good... I'm a big sucker.

After milking my last 400 or so credits, I'm a little dissapointed in the lack or winning tickets. I feel like the odds in the slots were a little better, for me, anyway. For the scratch game, I won 70 credits and 7 cards, 4 of which were pretty bad. Like how long has iStripper been around? One of the cards I won looks like something out of the 80s.

Well, at least now I know that all of these gambling type "promos" are just a black hole for my credits, so I will be sure to steer clear of the next one.
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 投稿
January 27, 2019
It's the type of scratch the gets deep under your skin...
Zossima
Joined in Feb 2008

173 投稿
January 29, 2019 (edited)
One of the cards I won looks like something out of the 80s

At the beginning of iStripper, which was called Virtuagirl then, models appeared very small on the deskbar. When you play those cards now, you actually zoom in on them a lot, and that's what makes them appear so blurry. If you want to get an idea of what it initially looked like, you should set it to 10% of its size or so.

[EDIT] Maybe 30% is more like it... Hard to remember exactly, it was maybe about 17 years ago or so ^^'
meine1S
Joined in Aug 2011

4 投稿
February 1, 2019
👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍❤️👍

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!