Searchable Card/Clip Database

掲示板 / iStripperに関する全て

Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 投稿
December 22, 2018
A few years ago I created a database to manage my collection. That evolved into a Playlist Generator that is now publicly available.

A number of people here have requested that Totem provide a better way to search for cards to buy and to tag cards for future purchase. I just realized that a simplified version of my database could do that. One of our members with a nearly complete collection is willing to provide the needed data since I don't have a complete collection. This database would allow you to search for cards based on any combination of characteristics such as:

Model age at the time the card was made
Model height
Model Country (as provided by Totem)
Any of the tags Totem has added for the cards like costume
Card rating (for what it's worth)
Number of XXX Clips
Number of clips with a play time over 4 minutes (or any other time limit)

It would also let you add additional tags of your own

I might be able to add group-sourced tags at both the card and clip levels. However, the effort to do this might be considerable and there would be consistency issues since I would have to depend on input from others.

Now the main drawback is that this database is likely to be about 200 MB in size and would have to be updated periodically as new cards come out. I would probably go with an incremental update so you wouldn't have to reload the entire 200 MB each time.

The main purpose of this DB would be to allow people to more easily find cards they want to buy. This is not something I would use myself, but I can do it if there is enough interest.

My questions for you are:

Would you want to download a 200 MB file for this purpose?
What kinds of searches would you want to make? I need specific examples to be sure it would work.

The 200 MB version displays Totem's card image for each card. Without that image the file would be only about 60 MB. Would a smaller file size be preferable?
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 投稿
December 22, 2018
Images are not necessary...the ms database version I use to organize tags doesn't have pics and it works just fine. You will always need card name or number to manage cards anyway
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 投稿
December 22, 2018 (edited)
I am interested about such a database. No problem for me about the 200mb file, so I vote for the version with pictures. Maybe, both versions could be made available.
Thanks for your work!
I will write soon here some tags I would like to see.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 投稿
December 22, 2018
A few years ago I created a database to manage my collection. That evolved into a Playlist Generator that is now publicly available.

A number of people here have requested that Totem provide a better way to search for cards to buy and to tag cards for future purchase. I just realized that a simplified version of my database could do that. One of our members with a nearly complete collection is willing to provide the needed data since I don't have a complete collection. This database would allow you to search for cards based on any combination of characteristics such as:

Model age at the time the card was made
Model height
Card rating (for what it's worth)
Number of XXX Clips

It would also let you add additional tags of your own

I might be able to add group-sourced tags at both the card and clip levels. However, the effort to do this might be considerable and there would be consistency issues since I would have to depend on input from others.

Now the main drawback is that this database is likely to be about 200 MB in size and would have to be updated periodically as new cards come out. I would probably go with an incremental update so you wouldn't have to reload the entire 200 MB each time.

The main purpose of this DB would be to allow people to more easily find cards they want to buy. This is not something I would use myself, but I can do it if there is enough interest.

My questions for you are:

Would you want to download a 200 MB file for this purpose?
What kinds of searches would you want to make? I need specific examples to be sure it would work.

The 200 MB version displays Totem's card image for each card. Without that image the file would be only about 60 MB. Would a smaller file size be preferable?

Performance is also very important. Although I appreciate your recent release Dorsai I have noticed that the database seems to create a heavy load on my computer...same thing happens with the other db clipplayer that I use. This can be a problem because I would like to be able to run istripper to its max while the tag program is open...mean I could have girls at max size or multiple girls. It could just be my setup as my computer is not new, but I imagine many perveyors of istripper do not maintain new gaming rigs.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 投稿
December 22, 2018
@Orclover has a point about the importance of Is performance. So, the "text-only" version could be better...
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 投稿
December 22, 2018
Regarding performance:

I'm not an expert on Windows performance. My DB runs in Microsoft Access. As I understand it, Access uses just one core. It doesn't multiprocess. When dormant, no DB processing underway, it uses 0% of the CPU. When executing a function like filtering cards it can use 100% of the CPU for the period it is running, usually about a minute. When loaded MSACCESS.EXE uses about 34 MB of working memory.

The file is large, but most of it is the database which is not memory resident. Removing the graphics should have no noticeable effect on performance. At this time, I'm inclined to level in the card images since the UI is already designed to use them.

If you what to get an idea of what this would look like, download my Playlist Generator. The difference is that all the I/O functions would be removed since this would work with static data and not your collection.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

719 投稿
December 22, 2018
Will there be information about individual clips in your database?
Will it be possible to search cards by selecting specific properties of clips?
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 投稿
December 23, 2018
Re: Will there be information about individual clips in your database?

Yes. At a minimum all clips will be tagged with the staging information that Totem encodes in the clip file number. There are also provisions for adding additional tags at the clip level if community members provide them to me. This could require some effort on my part to merge user tags into the database.

Re: Will it be possible to search cards by selecting specific properties of clips?

Yes. It will be possible to select cards based on the number and type of clips they contain. For example you could find all cards with at least one glass clip where the model is fully nude. If community tags are added you could search on those as well. For example, I've tagged a number of clips where the model talks and my best guess of the language she uses. Unfortunately I have not done a thorough job at this. If those tags are included you could find those cards where the model talks in French in at least one clip.

Tagging clips will necessarily be a group effort. Anyone with my Playlist Generator could add tags, export them to a CSV file and send me that file. If more than one person adds the same tag I have logic to check for differences and I could (with time) correct any disagreements. Or, someone else could volunteer to be the consistency editor for a particular tag.
Spling83
Joined in Dec 2018

20 投稿
January 28, 2019
Sounds very interesting. I would definitly appreciate that and most likely spend you a coffee - or maybe two ;-p

I would definitly say with picture, but not sure if it would take a lot of effort to just offer the option to use without picture for that that can't afford 200 MB.

The most interesting search options would be:
Model height
Number of XXX Clips
Search for the tags of "It would also let you add additional tags of your own"

In addition, it would be great to correlate the several search options with AND / OR / NOT

Also what I would love to have is some sort of Blacklist and Whitelist for the Models. If those can be added to the search like:
'NOT blacklist' or 'AND whitelist' the search result can be filtered to not have shows of models you're not interessted in. Or the search result will only show results of the favorited model.

group tags could be interesting, but not on cost of personal/private tags :)
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 投稿
January 29, 2019
@Spling83

Almost all the things you asked for can be done with the existing logic. There are no tags at the model level, but you can easily create a white-list or black-list tag for every card of a particular model.

The problem is that I don't own all the cards, so someone else would need to periodically feed me an up-to-date database. I would then need to do a little tweaking and post both a full version and an incremental update.

I would also have to make some one-time changes to my current logic. Basically I need to remove functions that only apply to your own collection and add some extra support for custom tags.

At this point, I haven't seen enough interest to proceed.

To see what might be done, you can download the Playlist Generator from

https://virtuastripper.net/files/Playlist_Generator.zip

And load you own collection. That will show you the kind of searches that can be performed.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!