transferring istripper to new computer

掲示板 / iStripperに関する全て

jim59
Joined in Nov 2016

4 投稿
December 5, 2018
I have got new compter with more bigger HD. Hoe do I transfer istripper files to new computer?
I don't want to download again.
pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 投稿
December 5, 2018
The best way I know of to do it is with an external hard drive (EX-HDD) connected via USB.

Simply find, then copy and paste your existing VGHD models folder, in it's entirety, over to the EX-HDD and then uninstall iStripper using the iStripper uninstall utility (Not the Windows one) while online.

The windows 10 explorer location of the models folder will look something like this:

C:\Users\????\AppData\Local\vghd\models

(it may be similar in Windows 7 but I don't remember anymore...if you are using i.O.S. then you are on your own...)

Provided you use the iStripper uninstaller, Totem's servers will know you uninstalled and will allow you to download a new version of iStripper on your new computer and then login using your existing information without having to ask for a reset from the moderators.

Once that is done, then you can either copy and paste your models file from the EX-HDD into your new VGHD models directory or you can point the iStripper GUI to the EX-HDD and use that as your storage spot. Even if you move the model files back onto your internal HDD it is highly recommended that you keep the files on the EX-HDD as a backup in case something happens to your internal files.

If you use custom cards, png's or have custom skins and scenes you may want to copy the existing data folder as well. You can then copy and paste the folders in the data section (not the system files at the top!) into the new data folder as well.

I've done this a couple times with good results however I ain't a certified techie so use these instructions at your own risk!
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
December 8, 2018
Provided you use the iStripper uninstaller, Totem's servers will know you uninstalled and will allow you to download a new version of iStripper on your new computer and then login using your existing information without having to ask for a reset from the moderators.

@pumpdude : Thanks for this piece of information. I didn't know how to notice Totem's servers about the relocation (install after an uninstall) of a collection on a changed desktop. For actually jim59's question is an important one for any iS user in his/her lifetime : I may have to change my own desktop early next year...

I suppose after using the iS uninstaller onto (old) PC A, you can install the same iS version (provided you kept the setup EXE) onto (replacing) PC B... loging in your existing information within this version rather that in the downloaded (the necessary utterly recent) one. Or did you change/update the softare version each time you did your PC change operation ?

pumpdude48
Joined in May 2016

390 投稿
December 8, 2018 (edited)
@follower

Sorry that statement was slightly off...

You only need to use the iStripper uninstaller on the old machine.

Anyone can download and install the new version of the software from the website but the catch is; if you had two machines using the software before AND if you didn't use their uninstall app, then once you re-install on your new machine, you will probably have to ask for a reset of your account from the moderators via the online forum before you can actually login and activate the software, which can sometimes take a while if they are busy with other things.

Also, you do NOT need to specifically keep the same version of software you were previously using. Any version, so long as it is compatible with your operating system will work with your login. I have found that staying current with the newest version is best because some of the weekend offers and special promos won't display properly using older versions.

I always update to the latest version and have only rarely had the troubles some other members have had doing that. So if I uninstall from one machine, I just get the latest version from the iStripper website and go from there.
follower
Joined in Apr 2014

78 投稿
December 8, 2018
Anyone can download and install the new version of the software from the website but the catch is; if you had two machines using the software before AND if you didn't use their uninstall app, then once you re-install on your new machine, you will probably have to ask for a reset of your account from the moderators via the online forum before you can actually login and activate the software, which can sometimes take a while if they are busy with other things.

Yup, that's what understood. (And didn't clearly know before this thread.)

Also, you do NOT need to specifically keep the same version of software you were previously using (...)

Well, actually I prefer my current "old" version cos of some features that function well imo (like for example the previews thing and all). I noticed and am aware some of the special event don't work but these are 95% of the time of no huge interest to me, so it's cool.
But I got a confirmation in what you're saying : while changing computer, you're free to keep using the same soft version. Since I ketp its setup exe, that is. 😉

Thanks.
d00b
Joined in Dec 2018

2 投稿
December 9, 2018
I would assume the same basic idea works on Mac?
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1023 投稿
December 9, 2018
@d00b

There is no uninstaller for the Mac, so you may have to ask the Mods for a reset if the new install doesn't work. The Mac's Migration Assistant may copy your files automatically if you copying your system from an old Mac to a new one. If you still have your old Mac you can copy the files directly without needed to use an external drive, but putting you iStripper models on an external drive is a good idea because as your collection grows, the space required will exceed what you want on your internal drive.

I run iStripper on two Macs, a 2013 Mac Pro and a 2016 MacBook Pro. I share a single external drive with both, but I only play iStripper on one Mac at a time. My external is a WD My Passport Ultra. It's small and light and easy to take on the road with my laptop.

If you have any questions or problems, just ask.
d00b
Joined in Dec 2018

2 投稿
December 9, 2018
@d00b

There is no uninstaller for the Mac, so you may have to ask the Mods for a reset if the new install doesn't work. The Mac's Migration Assistant may copy your files automatically if you copying your system from an old Mac to a new one. If you still have your old Mac you can copy the files directly without needed to use an external drive, but putting you iStripper models on an external drive is a good idea because as your collection grows, the space required will exceed what you want on your internal drive.

I run iStripper on two Macs, a 2013 Mac Pro and a 2016 MacBook Pro. I share a single external drive with both, but I only play iStripper on one Mac at a time. My external is a WD My Passport Ultra. It's small and light and easy to take on the road with my laptop.

If you have any questions or problems, just ask.

Thanks. Thats what I figured. Love my Macs, they are just easier all around.
Evosparki
Joined in Aug 2018

27 投稿
December 11, 2018 (edited)
Yesterday I finished transferring all my stuff to my new PC, I didn't have a 300GB+ external storage drive so I connected both PC's to my router and got up to 1Gbps speed over Cat6 ethernet cables. It still seemed to take ages though lol.

Installed iStripper to new PC into the directory I transferred all my cards into, then in the iStripper settings I clicked Sync the with servers tab, then after a short while I noticed my cards had changed from greyed-out to coloured.

Then on my old PC I formatted - reinstalled windows. I didn't think to uninstall iStripper, as I just got rid of everything via format/reinstall of the drive.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!